Thursday, June 30, 2022

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - YA PARANORMAL - THE GHOSTWRITER OF NEW ORLEANS by Laura Michaud


The Ghostwriter of New Orleans
by Laura Michaud
Date of Publication: March 28th 2022
Publisher: Pelican/Arcadia Publishing
Cover Artist: Julie Buckner
Genre: YA, YA Paranormal
ISBN: 978-1455626243
ASIN: 1455626244
Number of pages: 192
Word Count: approx 55k

Tagline: What if fate got it wrong this time?


BLURB 
When a boy dies and becomes a ghost in his high school, he creates life-changing consequences for the entire student body when he communicates with his girlfriend by underlining passages in her favorite book in the library.  

But he finds that he also has a decision to make–accept his fate or take a dark path back and start a new life?

Amazon      BN     OctaviaBooks     Goodreads


Excerpt:

How many times have you forgotten to do something small? Shut a window before it rains? Take your phone with you? Do up a button on your shirt? Grab your homework on your way out the door? On the day that seals my fate, I forget to look over my shoulder.

Right before it happens everything is the same. I get the same rush of freedom that I always get in my stomach when I leave the school parking lot, hit the gas, and make a right turn onto St. Charles Avenue. The same line of live oak trees cast their tunnel of shadows over the street. I see their branches moving, so I turn the air conditioning off, roll my windows down, ignore the text messages blowing up my phone, and turn the Jimi Hendrix music (that I only listen to when I am by myself) way up. The sweat starts to pool up around the white collar of my school uniform, but the feeling of the wind across my face is totally worth it. What I do not know is that this is the last time I will ever do it.

I guess if you asked me what I do know for sure in those last moments I would say that I am a pretty fast runner, I am decent at guitar, and that Margot Cramer is the love of my life.










Author Info
Laura Michaud grew up with her face in a book, so it was natural that she would spend some time in the publishing industry before becoming a children’s librarian and writer. A native of New York and New England, she has called the amazing city of New Orleans home since 2004. The Ghostwriter of New Orleans is her first novel.

The Book Junkie Reads . . .Reckless Dreams  Interview with  . . . Laura Michaud . . .

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?

I definitely need a little bit of head-clearing before I start writing. Kind of in the spirit of Julia Cameron’s “The Morning Pages” idea, I sometimes need to just let all my thoughts out before I can focus on my characters. 


Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation? For the most part, I try to let it happen as I am writing instead of figuring them out all in advance. I usually know some little kernel of something about them when I am starting, and then I get to know them more as the story develops. I really enjoy that part of the writing process, especially when you’re happily surprised with how a character turned out later.


Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper? I do! She is a hustling grandmother that loves to play bingo. 


Can you share your next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details? The Ghostwriter of New Orleans is the first in a series, so my next project is working on the follow-up. It would be hard to share some details without giving away a lot of the first book!


Thank you to Laura Michaud for sharing with us. Bet wishes on your future projects.

https://lauramichaudauthor.com/
https://lauramichaudauthor.com/category/blog/
https://lauramichaudauthor.com/#join
https://www.instagram.com/lauramichaudauthor/
https://www.facebook.com/LauraMichaudAuthor
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4827347.Laura_Michaud

Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment