Tuesday, February 7, 2023

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - URBAN FANTASY - TALE OF A BODY THIEF (Rovena Silvex, #1) by Kristy Centeno


Tale of a Body Thief 
Rovena Silvex, #1
by Kristy Centeno
Date of Publication: May 12, 2022
Cover Artist:Ammonia Book Covers
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Number of pages: 441
Word Count: 128000


BLURB
Her special abilities can save lives, but so can they kill.

Rovena Silvex has hunted and eliminated dozens of demons throughout the ten years since her initiation as a hunter. Possessing supernatural skills only makes her job a lot easier.

When she’s asked to visit the county morgue to look over a deceased victim and find out what demon killed him, the body rising from the dead is the last thing she expects.

Now Rovena is stuck with a walking corpse and no answers as to how he managed to return to the world of the living. However, the victim has changed and the more time she spends with him, the more she realizes that what crossed over might not have been the soul of the dead man but something much worse.

Complications arise when her new assignment is targeted by demons hell-bent on making sure he stays dead for good.

Killing demons has always been a piece of cake. Keeping one alive however, is a whole new ballgame for her. If she fails, she risks setting in motion a war between heaven and hell. But if she succeeds, she could trap a powerful Lord in a world he doesn’t belong in, forever.

Amazon     BN      Kobo      Smashwords

Google Play      iBooks      Goodreads


Excerpt
Rovena reached out again, hoping more contact would provide more insight. It didn’t happen often, but sometimes she got another glimpse into the victim’s life when she prodded further. It was the only tool she could make good use of now, and she was desperate enough for answers to try again. Even if reliving his death was the last thing she wanted to do. Or see.
She extended her fingers, dreading touching the cold skin but determined to do it just the same.
A cool breeze behind her ceased her progress. She froze with her fingers midway to their destination as goosebumps broke across her skin. She whirled around, expecting to find someone or something standing there.
The space behind her was empty.
Tiny tremors pulsated across her palms. Not the usual response when a demon was nearby but an alarm that warned her something otherworldly was at work.
Something otherworldly that she couldn’t envision.
Thank the heavens for her built-in danger detector. Not many in her field were blessed with the same, and hers always came in handy, even if she couldn't always find what hunted in the shadows.
The inability to see what had momentarily entered the room suggested it wasn’t a demon. But whatever it was had moved on as quickly as it appeared.
She turned back to the corpse in front of her and nearly jumped out of her skin.
His eyes were wide open and staring right at her.
What the actual fuck.
Rovena had seen some crazy shit in her life, but this was bizarre even for her.

Fast as a cobra, he struck, aiming for her throat. She had no time to react before his hand closed around her windpipe. Glowing red eyes glared up at her while long, lean fingers tightened dangerously around her neck. The man forced her back as he sat up and slid off the gurney. The blanket covering the lower half of his body fluttered to the floor and pooled at his feet. He stepped over it as he pushed her toward the wall behind her, his grip narrowing as he moved.




Author Info
Kristy Centeno loves to spin tales of creatures that go bump in the night, with a sprinkle of romance to top them off. Her passion for writing stems from a lifelong enjoyment of reading and the pleasure derived from the magical worlds created by authors like her. She prefers her female leads strong, independent, and stubborn who will stop at nothing to save their loved ones and protect those they care for.

Kristy currently resides in Pennsylvania with her five kids, a quartet of noisy parakeets, and a spoiled puppy. When she’s not working or writing, she juggles her free time between raising a handful of minions and pursuing other career goals.

The Book Junkie Reads . . .Reckless Dreams  Interview with  . . . Kristy Centeno . . .


Kristy Centeno author of paranormal romance, young adult, and urban fantasy.

Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you?
To be perfectly honest, writing is a process that has flowed overtime, but hasn’t come naturally. I’ve developed my skills throughout the years, but I’m not yet at a point where I’m completely confident in what I do. I’m not sure that any author is. But my goal is to get better as I continue to learn and absorb the knowledge that other authors have imparted to me.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
My routine usually invites a beverage of my choice, MP3 player to listen to music while I work, notebooks or notepads, and pens. I gather everything I need and determine which location in my house will best inspire me that day. Depending on the day I’ve had, I might choose to retreat to my bedroom alone or the living room surrounded by my kids. Oddly enough, there are times when I can fully concentrate on writing with noise and the kids hovering around me. However, that’s not always the case so I take it day by day.
Also, sometimes I read prior to writing to get the ideas flowing and for inspiration as well.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
Actually, I have been developing a character steadily over the past year but have not put her to paper yet. Her story will be long and complex, especially her background and I’m anxious to see her come to life. She doesn’t have a name yet, but she’s been coming together overtime.

Can you share your next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details? 
I am working on rewriting my Secrets of the Moon books. Though I’m not sure yet when those might be finished. Secrets of the Moon was my most popular series to date, though I never finished it and hope to do so in the near future.

What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year?
I’m actually working on the sequel for Tale of a Body Thief, it is halfway finished, and I hope to send it off to my editor sometime by mid-year if not sooner. Book 2 will answer a lot more questions about Jeremy’s background and readers will see a bit more of Lakyn and Rovena’s complex story to light. Expect a bit more of a slow-burn romance between these two.

Where would you spend one full year, if you could go Anywhere, money is not a concern? What would you do with this time?
This is a hard question to answer. I have so many places I’d like to visit. But if I had to pick just one, I’d like to go to either South Korea or Japan. If money was no concern, I’d spend the year traveling with my kids, visiting the entire country and experiencing everything we could about the country, local cuisine, and the culture.


Hosted by
Presented by

1 comment: