Tuesday, November 15, 2022

RELEASE DAY BLITZ w/INTERVIEW - YA PARANORMAL COZY MYSTERY - A RAVEN REMIX (Paranormal Penny Box) by Sarah Hualde

A Raven Remix
Paranormal Penny Box Set 
Books 1, 1.5 and 2 
by Sarah Hualde
Date of Publication: November 15th 2022
Cover Artist:  OlivaProDesign
Genre: YA Paranormal Cozy Mystery
ISBN:  9781736756645
ASIN:   B0BKFLD85D
Number of pages: 550
Word Count: approx 80,000


BLURB
Most people run from death,
But not Penny.
She chases it down.

Penny's premonitions put her friends in peril. Join her as she stalks the bird of death by following the musical clues he leaves behind.

Will she and her cheeky cat, Spades save the day?
Or will the Raven be one step ahead?

This Paranormal Penny Boxset features books 1, 1.5, and 2 in the Paranormal Penny Mystery Series.

Join Penny and Spades as they thwart murderers before they strike.
Amazon     Kobo     Apple     BN

Excerpt:
It wasn’t life that flashed before my eyes as Betty Fae thwacked me between the shoulder blades. It was death and disaster—replays of all the faces of shock and sadness worn by acquaintances of my past. Death of one sort or the other followed that stupid Raven.
I remembered them all. Vividly. The writer, the homeschool mom, the surfer, the politician. They were among the near-strangers I’d encountered and endangered.
Following their faces came the really painful pictures. The friendly child advocate, the sweet boy next door, and losing my aunt and uncle. After them, but always above them, followed the loss of my sister and father.
All because of the same intolerable bird. Gracious enough to give me a glimpse of their perils before nudging them to the brink. Impending doom sat, staring at me, from the cup of the only friend I had in town- Janice Rockland. It lingered there amid the froth bubbles, telling me Janice Rockland had twenty-four hours, at most, left to live.
My eyes watered. My throat closed all the tighter. Even after it dislodged my Belgian waffle. Air battled past my suffocating emotions. I gulped it down, despising myself and fearing for my boss.
Janice and Betty Fae offered me a glass of water and napkins, thinking they’d saved the day. Little did they know. Trouble had just landed in their small town.
Janice watched me through the rest of the meal. If I told her she was about to die, would she be able to eat? I sipped my coffee and avoided conversation.
Long ago, I’d explained my weird glimpses to one of the Raven’s victims. Instead of believing me, my friend grew increasingly sarcastic about my confession. He mocked me. I didn’t blame him. I’m not sure I would’ve believed me, either. In the end, his sarcasm killed him.
Laughing and gesturing like a mad bird to make fun of my premonitions, he’d lost control of his bicycle and collided with a garbage truck just as it was lowering its load.
No, I wasn’t about to tell Janice about her Raven. I’d keep watch. Stay sharp. Once the bird made an appearance, he wouldn’t leave until his prey was dead. Accidentally or with malice aforethought.

The next song, movie quote, television commercial, or anything ominous could clue me in on how to save her. At least I could give it a shot. If I didn’t keep a constant eye on Janice, her death would be on my head.





Author Info
Sarah lives in California, in a home that brings her happiness and hay fever. She loves God, loves her family, and loves freshly brewed coffee. She has a husband who cooks, a son who stop animates, a daughter who loves animals, a dog that follows her everywhere, and a turtle who scowls at her condescendingly.

Her mother raised her on Mary Higgins Clark, Diane Mott Davidson, and Remington Steele. Her grandmother shared True Crime stories with her as they plotted how to get away with the perfect murder. It's no surprise that Sarah became an award-winning spinner of suspenseful tales brimming with quirky characters. Mysteries are in her blood. Not that she could survive one of her own stories. She confesses, "I'd be snuffed out by chapter two."

The Book Junkie Reads . . .Reckless Dreams  Interview with  . . . Sarah Hualde . . .

How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I’m a very emotional writer. Meaning the feelings come onto the page before the setting. I’m constantly reminding myself that readers need to see where the characters are living not just how they feel about living. 


Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you?
Once I force myself to sit, the words sort of spew from my fingertips. I’m not the world’s fastest writer but moments where I struggle for story are few and far between. 


What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I try to never take myself or my drafting too seriously.  Instead, I do my best to enjoy every leg of the race. Writing is my happy place. I’m determined to keep it that way. That means sitting down and being willing to make a massive pile of mistakes. Fixing it later is what editing is for – the exploration of the moment as I write is what makes my heart sing. 
Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?


Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
Yes, Selkie Sherwood is dying to be free. She’s beautiful, southern, and lives with a learning disability which makes things challenging but gives her a unique perspective. It’s this very unusual way of “seeing” clues that gives her an edge over the criminals at hand. 


Can you share your next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details?
I’m digging deep into the Paranormal Penny Mystery series. There’s a finite number of stories in Penny’s series and I’m getting to the really good stuff.  We’re talking dramatic plot twists, a wee bit of romance, and new semi-paranormal friends.  Basically, all the things we’ve be hoping Penny will have been slowly coming to reality. Unfortunately, her foe the Raven is never far behind.


What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year?
I’m hoping… hoping… hoping… to publish Paranormal Penny books 7.5, 8, and book 7 in my Honey Pot Mystery Series.  I’m also dying to write the first in my Selkie Sherwood series. Even if it’s not ready for print, Selkie is constantly tapping my shoulder saying “Mom. Mom. Mom. Ma. Mom. Mawm.” In other words, she really wants my undivided attention.


Website:  www.sarahhualde.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sthecoffeejedi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarahhualdewritermom
Newsletter: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/g1k6r0
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9ywmqk_2k-mEssZMkEvBQ


Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment