SECRETS OF PEACE
by T. A. Hernandez
Narrator: Daisy Fair
Length: 6 hours 40 minutes
Released: January 7th 2021
Publisher: T. A. Hernandez
Genre: Thriller; Dystopian
T.A. Hernandez's Top 10 reasons to listen to Secrets of PEACE
- It’s a thrilling ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat The main character of Secrets of PEACE is an assassin named Zira, so you know there are going to be some exciting moments throughout the story. In this dystopian world, there are risks around every corner and danger in nearly every situation. Not everyone makes it out of these situations alive and unharmed, not even Zira herself. You’ll be anxious to find out what happens next with each new development in the story.
- The protagonist is a small, adorable assassin who can (and will) absolutely kick your ass Zira may not be quite what you’d expect with her youthful, innocent appearance and small build. She’s had to fight her way to where she is, proving to everyone along the way that she deserves her position. She’s guarded and abrasive and often reckless, but she’s also just trying to do the best she can to find her place in a harsh world.
- The secondary characters are fascinating in their own right Do you like best friend characters who balance out the protagonist while also going through their own character journey? Aubreigh is your girl. Want a strong, deadly assassin love interest with a gentle side? Let me introduce you to Jared. Are mysterious authority figures more your type? Ryku’s motives will keep you guessing right up to the end. Or maybe you’d prefer spending some time with a charming government-agent-turned-rebel. If so, you’ll love meeting Tripp. All of these characters have their own unique goals, motivations, and challenges that add extra layers of depth to the story.
- There are no love triangles in this romance Love triangles have been a big thing in YA novels, and if that appeals to you, great. But maybe you’re sick of seeing that trope. Maybe the romance in Secrets of PEACE will be more your style. Just two flawed people falling in love…and then dealing with all the complications and challenges that come after.
- The narrator does an excellent job of bringing the story to life Why just read a book when you can listen to an incredible performance that really brings the story and characters to life? Daisy Fair did a fantastic job of narrating Secrets of PEACE and capturing its intensity and emotion, so take advantage of that and listen to the audiobook.
- It will get you right in the feels Speaking of emotion, this book has plenty of it. With all that conflict and romance and themes of questioning your place in the world, there are lots of highs and lows. It’s a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but that investment in the characters and their journey has made the story more engaging for most readers.
- It shows the power of doing what’s right in a bleak world Sure, Secrets of PEACE is a dystopian novel, and the world it’s set in has plenty of issues, some of which you might even see reflected in our real life. It’s a bleak place to live, but that doesn’t mean people aren’t capable of doing incredible good in the face of nearly insurmountable obstacles. Ultimately, the series is about people fighting for what’s right, even when that isn’t the easiest or the safest choice.
- You get to see the world from different points of view Secrets of PEACE is told in a dual third-person point of view, which means sometimes you’ll get to experience the story from Jared’s perspective. Not only does this add a lot to the character relationships, but seeing the dystopian world thought Jared’s eyes gives readers a new perspective to consider and raises some interesting conflicts and questions.
- The series is already finished and ready for binging Although the other two audiobooks in the Secrets of PEACE trilogy aren’t out yet, the series is completely finished and available to read in ebook or paperback. Renegades of PEACE and Survivors of PEACE follow Zira and Jared as they face increasingly dangerous enemies and navigate more intense personal challenges. There’s also a short story available for FREE when you join my readers group through my website, so be sure to check that out.
- It would absolutely make the author’s day This is an entirely selfish reason, but I’m throwing it in here because it really does mean a lot to me. Every time a new reader picks up one of my books or reaches out to tell me they connected with the story in some way, it brings a smile to my face that lasts the whole day. So please, if any of this sounded at all appealing to you, consider giving Secrets of PEACE a try. After you’re done with it, I’d love to know what you think. You can always get in touch with me on social media or through my website.
Open your eyes. See the truth. Make a choice.
Nearly 30 years ago, the PEACE Project rose from the ruins of a global war to take power over a new America. Providing stability in exchange for absolute authority, the project controls every aspect of citizens' lives through each of its five units - Protect. Enforce. Advance. Control. Eliminate.
Raised in the Project since infancy, 18-year-old Zira has been trained as an assassin under the stern guidance of unit E-2's Chairman Ryku. After she makes a careless mistake on an assignment, the chairman partners her with Jared, the best operative in her unit. Their partnership transforms into friendship as they work together and learn to rely on each other.
But when misinformation causes a solo mission to backfire, Zira's deepest loyalties and strongest relationships are tested in a place where even a hint of doubt can be perceived as treason. The life she knows is falling apart, and nothing will ever look the same again.
T.A. Hernandez is a science fiction and fantasy author and long-time fan of speculative fiction. She grew up with her nose habitually stuck in a book and her mind constantly wandering to make-believe worlds full of magic and adventure. She began writing after reading J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings many years ago and is now happily engaged in an exciting and lifelong quest to tell captivating stories. She is a clinical social worker and the proud mother of two girls. She also enjoys drawing, reading, graphic design, playing video games, and making happy memories with her family and friends.
Daisy was born and raised in Taos, New Mexico. After graduating from high school she attended the Undergraduate Theater School at Northwestern University. Realizing that cities weren't her thing, she transferred to Colorado College in the mid 1990's. She spent her 20's Ski Patrolling, Raft Guiding, and Raft Racing with the US Women's Rafting Team (yes, it's a real thing) in Colorado where she eventually met her husband and moved with him to Snowbird, Utah. After receiving a degree in Environmental Science from the University of Utah, Daisy turned to small scale farming for the next 18 years. She founded and ran Copper Moose Farm in Park City, Utah for 14 years. Daisy has returned to her roots (after literally growing roots for well over a decade) in performance as a Voice Over Artist. Hard work, dedication, a commitment to excellence, and infectious enthusiasm have been a hall mark of Daisy’s path through life. Daisy narrates audio books, produces voice overs in commercials, educational videos, documentaries and corporate recordings. She lives in Park City Utah with her family enjoying the Intermountain West that she was born and raised in and performing with her band, The Dirt Road Ramblers.