VISION OF ZARUA
by Suzanne Rogerson
Narrator Guy Barnes
Length: 15 hours 46 minutes
Narrator Guy Barnes
Length: 15 hours 46 minutes
July 18th 2019
Publisher: Suzanne Rogerson
Suzanne Rogerson's Top 10 Bands to Listen to When WritingMusic always gets me in a creative mood and can be a huge help when I come up with ideas and write my first drafts. Music triggers emotions and can lead writing in unexpected directions.
- Ben Howard – Atmospheric and emotional music that always inspires me. My favourite song is ‘Oats in the Water’.
- Led Zeppelin – They have some really great fantasy sounding tunes like ‘Stairway to Heaven’ and ‘Achilles Last Stand’.
- Halestorm – They are a great band to write to as they have a mix of rock and ballads. Plus Lizzy Hale is an amazing singer and front woman, a perfect role model when I’m trying to write strong heroines. Their song ‘I am the fire’ played a huge part in the end of my Silent Sea Chronicles trilogy.
- Philip Glass – Classical music with so much emotion, especially Violin Concerto II from Akhnaten Prelude. That listened to at full volume is beautiful and tugs at your heartstrings!
- Coldplay – Coldplay are my favourite band of all time and I love all their songs. They are a band for any mood whether I need to feel emotional for a particular scene or want to have fun and feel energised. I often have their albums played on random because it’s too hard to choose a song myself!
- Hawkwind – The Chronicles of the Black Sword is pure fantasy. It’s based on the stories of Elric by Michael Moorcock. It’s perfect for setting the mood especially Zarozinia and The Sea King.
- Ghost – Some of their music is quite dark, but atmospheric and conjures great images.
- Pink Floyd – They have written some very inspiring music and I particularly love the music on The Division Bell album.
- The Black Keys – I love their groove, so any of their songs will lift my mood and put me in a good frame of mind for writing.
- Avenged Sevenfold – Hail to the King album has a fantasy feel to it too especially the title track. I hope to use this as inspiration as I plan a new book series.
Two wizards, 350 years apart. Can they save the realm of Paltria from Zarua's dark past?
An ancient darkness haunts the realm of Paltria. Apprentice wizard Paddren is plagued by visions of a city on the brink of annihilation. When his master Kalesh dies in mysterious circumstances, the royal order of wizards refuses to investigate. Helped by his childhood friend, the skilled tracker Varnia, and her lover Leyoch, Paddren vows to find the killer. The investigation leads Paddren down a sinister path of assassins, secret sects, and creatures conjured by blood magic. But he is guided by a connection with a wizard from centuries ago - a wizard whose history holds the key to the horror at the heart of the abandoned city of Zarua. Can Paddren decipher his visions in time to save the Paltrian people from the dark menace of Zarua's past?
Visions of Zarua is available for review from the Adopt-An-Audiobook program.
Suzanne lives in Middlesex, England with her husband, two children and a crazy puppy. Her writing journey began at the age of twelve when she completed her first novel. She discovered the fantasy genre in her late teens and has never looked back. Giving up work to raise a family gave Suzanne the impetus to take her attempts at novel writing beyond the first draft, and she is lucky enough to have a husband who supports her dream - even if he does occasionally hint that she might think about getting a proper job one day. Now an author of four novels including the recently completed Silent Sea Chronicles trilogy and a Czech translation of her debut, Visions of Zarua, Suzanne hopes the dreaded ‘W’ word will never rear its ugly head again! She loves gardening and has a Hebe (shrub) fetish. She enjoys cooking with ingredients from the garden and regularly feeds unsuspecting guests vegetable-based cakes. Suzanne collects books, is interested in history and enjoys wandering around castles and old ruins whilst being immersed in the past. She likes to combine her love of nature and photography on family walks, but most of all she loves to escape with a great film, binge watch TV shows, or soak in a hot bubble bath with an ice cream and a book.
Guy or the Big G as he is known to his friends is a London/ Brighton based actor and singer songwriter and producer. He has recently completed his first leading role in the film Typo out next year and played the role of Alvin Turner in American film Holly Turner also out next year. Guy only started narrating audiobooks in 2018 and Visions of Zarua is his 2nd. He has also narrated 2 classics, Bram Stoker‘s Dracula and HG Wells The Time Machine. In his spare time Guy is a passionate biker and cigar aficionado and he’ll not say no to a Sierra Nevada beer or two!
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.
Thanks very much for joining the blog tour.ReplyDelete