SCARLET OAKS AND THE SERIAL CALLER
Scarlet Oaks Cozy Mystery, #1
by Michaela James
Narrator Kimberly M. Wetherell
Length 10 hours 25 minutes
November 9th 2019
LW Media Group Ltd.
Genre: Contemporary, Cozy Mystery
Is it possible Scarlet Oaks, the reluctant new host of a men’s call-in show, inspired the first serial killer San Francisco’s seen in some 40 years?
Struggling to pay the rent after her boyfriend’s sudden departure, continue her role as mediator in an unconventional family, and feed a micro pig who appears less micro by the day, Scarlet’s life is far from perfect. But when an eerie sounding caller is identified as the bay area’s latest serial killer, it appears her life will never be the same.
With the killer continually calling into Scarlet’s show, while managing to stay one step ahead of the San Francisco police, Scarlet begins to fear she’s his next victim. Enlisting best friends Niles and Tom and their often-hilarious help, Scarlet sets out to find the elusive Serial Caller...before he finds her.
Root for Scarlet during this heart-pounding and alternately humorous mystery thriller. Fall in love with unforgettable characters, recognize familiar family members, and hold on tight for an adrenaline-filled ride. If you’re a Stephanie Plum fan, make room for Scarlet Oaks! This is the first book in the Scarlet Oaks series.
Michaela lives near Reno, Nevada, where there are lovely walking trails and lots of sun. She was born and grew up in Hampshire, England, where there is less sun, but better chocolate! A professional voice over artist and the voice of a local radio station, Michaela enjoys watching great movies with her husband and grown sons, playing tennis and and drinking lots of tea.
- Mid-twenties, long dark brown hair, green eyes, 5’ 6”, slim build.
- Kind, funny, bubbly but not overly confident
- Blessed with good looks, but works on her inner self rather than rely on her outer appearance
- On-air radio personality
- Grew up in Aptos, California; moved to SF due to more opportunities; lives on Upper Terrace in SF; drives a Pepper White MINI convertible
- Has a pet micro-pig named Prudence
- Degree in Business
- Middle child with older sister and younger brother; parents divorced, close to grandmother who also lives in SF
- Prior to meeting James, has not had a healthy or loving relationship
- Fair-skinned, reddish-blonde hair, light blue eyes, 5’ 10”, slim build
- Very intelligent, loyal, kind, self-deprecating
- Degree in Finance, stock broker
- Dark hair, brown eyes, 6’ 2”, athletic build
- Part of team of engineers installing pipelines to get water to third world countries
- Intelligent, funny, loves to be silly, ready for anything
- Niles and Tom are life partners and Scarlet’s best friends
- Blond wavy hair, blue eyes, 6’ 3” athletic build
- Shy, polite, kind, non-judgmental
- Works with Niles also as a Stock Broker
- Difficult childhood; dad left when he was young and mother died when he was twenty; close to both of his sisters
Giveaway: $50 Amazon Gift Card
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.