MINE TO FIVE
by Tara September
Narrator: Verla Bond
Narrator: Verla Bond
Length: 4 hours and 15 minutes
Released: December 11th 2019
Publisher: Plus it Up
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Genre: Contemporary Romance
The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . MINE TO FIVE . . . Melanie Thomas was a woman with something to celebrate. She had finally made that transition and it was a time to be happy, excited, and preparing for the future. Not that her current boyfriend was supportive. She should have known sooner that things were not right. There were signs. She just chose to ignore them. Then it all comes to a head. Do she go back or move forward?
Matthew Ryans was a man on the fast track to being completely burned out. Lost. Drifting. He thought all may be lost until he find that one encounter makes him look forward to the new day. The new excitement working though him.
Mine to Five was not a new concept of romance, but it did give you some different ways to look at things. It allowed for a different outcome. This year the new one will start of with more in store for two souls that needed something different to their future.
Verla Bond gave a distinct portrayal of both male and female. She carried the narration with clarity.
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Tara September. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
2018 Contemporary Romance Writers’ Stiletto Finalist
2018 Tampa Area Romance Writers’ TARA Finalist
2018 Maine Romance Writers’ Strut Your Stuff Finalist - Second Place Contemporary Winner
2017 Cleveland Rocks Romance Contest - Second Place Winner
’Tis the season for an office romance!
Working beyond nine to five and barely getting by, Melanie Thomas is eager to celebrate the impending holiday season and to toast the start of her dream marketing job over drinks with her boyfriend. Unfortunately, he has different plans - like seeing other women.
Indulging in a pity party with tequila, Melanie confides in a sexy stranger at the bar. It’s almost Christmas. One night of letting go won’t hurt anything, right? Turns out, it just might, when the stranger is her new boss. Determined to succeed at her job, Melanie won’t be scared away. This is her chance, even if her hot boss has her feeling all merry and bright and wishing for a less-than-professional relationship.
Matthew Ryans is burned out and on thin ice at the company he helped build, unless he gets his head back in the game. Yet, his head, both upper and lower, are quickly becoming obsessed with his new assistant. Still, he can’t seem to fully begrudge Melanie’s distracting presence and the Christmas joy she brings with it. Especially considering that her enthusiasm has him reenergized.
For once, he is longing for Mondays, but with his heart and job on the line, he can’t risk blurring the lines no matter how strong the lure of holiday mistletoe is.
Will their holiday passion be able to fuel mutual career success, or will it only get in their way in the New Year?
Tara September is an award-winning... and losing contemporary romance writer living in Southwest Florida. Tara is proud to be the world's most okayest mom to clones (identical twin boys). When not writing out her daydreams, she blogs over at When Tara Met Blog @tarametblog, a lifestyle and parenting blog of 14 years. Holding a master's degree in journalism from NYU, she previously was the Corporate Communications Manager at WWE and PR Manager for The Walt Disney Company, Consumer Products.
with Author Tara September
- Waffle fries or curly fries? - Neither. I like crispy steak frites … or McDonald’s fries, I know, but they are sooo good.
- GIF with a hard g or soft g? - Hard, like my men, lol.
- Fantasy or science-fiction? Hmm both, but if pressed I’d say Sci-Fi. Love me some Star Wars.
- Superman or Batman? - Superman! He’s super, it’s in his name after all. This is actually a debate the hero and heroine have in my holiday office romance, Mine to Five.
- Text message or call? - TXT! I have a phobia about having to sort out issues over the phone with strangers. Contest a bill or having to call customer service? Ugh the worst. So if I can just send a strongly worded email instead, even better! Even my besties have accepted that I’m not the friend that will chat on the phone for hours. Rather do that in-person or on my blog.
- Pancakes or waffles? - Waffles. It comes with built-in grooves to hold my syrup, whip cream and other toppings.
- Doctor Who or the Walking Dead? I haven’t seen either *ducks for cover*
- TV Shows or movies? Movies. I saw every film on the AFI 100 list before I graduated high school. My favorite actress is Katharine Hepburn.
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter for fun, Facebook for business.
- Alice in Wonderland or Robinson Crusoe? Meh to both. But since Robinson Crusoe is technically considered the first novel ever, much is owed to Defoe for paving the way for today’s literature. <Tara tips imaginary hat and puts on imaginary opera gloves>
- Being too warm or too cold? I live in Florida for a reason.
- Netflix or Hulu? Netflix. I’m OG like that. I used to have their DVD rental service, lol.
- Work Hard or Play Hard? Play on player!
- Passenger or Driver? Driver, because in our family that means I have control of the radio and can play an audiobook or Yacht Rock Radio. Plus, I can never sleep in the car anyway, so I might as well drive.
- Amusement Park or Day at the Beach? In Florida we can do both ;) I’m a huge Disney addict. Used to work for Disney corporate out in LA.
- Honesty or Other’s Feelings? Other’s feelings!
- Movie at Home or Movie at the Theater? Theater. About two-thirds of the way back, in the center of the row. If not, I’ll wait in the lobby eating nachos and sour patch kids until the next showing. My husband meanwhile will likely have given up and will see something else solo. Oh, and I LOVE previews. If we arrive after the previews, I’ll wait for the next showing, lol.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.