Tuesday, September 10, 2019

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - YA SUPERNATURAL - Awakening the Trinity by Brittany Elise

Awakening the Trinity

by Brittany Elise

Date of Publication: September 12th 2018
Publisher: Black Rose Writing

Cover Artist: Brittany Elise and David King

Genre: YA Supernatural Fiction






BLURB
In the seventeenth-century, an all-powerful witch called Rionach the Dark ruled the Celtic nations with an army of enslaved werewolves. In order to restore balance between Light and Dark, the Trinity of Light was summoned to vanquish the Dark Witch and end the Battle of the Dark Ages.

Seventeen-year-old Quinn Callaghan lives in the small, rustic town of Silver Mountain. Its location may be rural, but it is home to an ancient pine forest that surrounds a supernatural hotspot–a nexus of raw and powerful energy.

When a charismatic witch from Ireland, and a mysterious guy with a secret of his own are drawn to the area, Quinn finds out that she inherited her rare abilities from a revered ancestor. Could it be that she shares a bloodline with the Original Trinity? Nearly 300 years later, the Darkness is returning to Silver Mountain, and the Trinity must stop it.
                
Amazon     BN     Black Rose Writing
Teaser
     “Yeah, well, I’m not a hero.”

     “Maybe there are no heroes.” Maybe we all just try to do the best we can and that’s enough, or it isn’t. Maybe we just complicate things by drawing a straight line and deciding that one half is black and the other is white. What if there wasn’t a line at all and life was just meant to be blurry?







Author Info
Brittany lives in Ohio with her husband, Benjamin, and their four-legged children. Brittany graduated from college with a degree in photography, and later became a canine obedience instructor. During the day, Brittany manages an FBO at a local hometown airport and services aircraft.

Awakening the Trinity is Brittany’s second book, and she is currently working on the sequel with hopes of turning it into a trilogy. Writing has always been her greatest passion. She enjoys the outdoors and exploring new places in an endless quest to keep that artistic inspiration burning.


The Book Junkie Reads . . . Interview with Brittany Elise . . .

How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
This is a tough question. One of my writing faults is that I tend to lean on subjective narratives instead of being more objective when writing. I mostly write from first-person POV so sometimes I lose myself to what that character is feeling instead of letting the readers figure it out for themselves. I love writing imagery, and cultivating relationships.   

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I write best in the morning when the world is still and quiet, and my mind isn’t reeling. If my brain is in hyperactive-mode there is almost no point in trying to write anything productive because it just won’t come out the same. So unfortunately, if my morning starts off in chaos, I know it’s probably not going to be a good writing day. 

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
Character prep is something I do before I even start writing a new story. Sometimes I go so far as to look up the origins and meanings of names and tie those things in with specific characters to help shape their development. I don’t like to throw in a lot of information all at once because that’s unrealistic. When you meet someone new, typically you get to know them slowly over a period of time, and that’s how I choose to write my characters–layer by layer. I like to think of ‘people-watching’ as ‘character-study’, ha-ha. 

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
I develop attachments to certain characters, I think, but I wouldn’t quite call it bonding since they aren’t interacting back with me, ha-ha. I think that’s kind of the key for good writers. If they can make you really feel something, they’re doing a good job. Even if you wind up passionately hating a character, the writer probably did a good job developing their characteristics to make you feel that way. But on to the attachments, I’ve found myself strongly drawn towards the following: Morozko from the Winternight trilogy, Linus Lawson from the Beginners Guide to Necromancy series, Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, Derek Souza from The Darkest Powers trilogy, and Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. 

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
I actually have him down on paper, but the story isn’t finished yet. ☺

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
Now that you mention it… I have found myself developing strange habits around the three phases of the full moon each month. Hehe. In all seriousness, I think I am just a naturally curious person but I’ve always been responsible. I crave adventure, and I’m always up for learning something knew. 


Instagram: Carbon_Stardust
Twitter: @BrittanyElise23
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/Brittany_Elise23
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment