Monday, October 8, 2018

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Can’t Let Go (A Georgia Boys Novel, #1) by Chrissy Brown

Can’t Let Go

A Georgia Boys Novel, #1
by Chrissy Brown
Date of Publication: July 19th 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance



BLURB
Beau

She is beautiful, probably the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, but she's damaged. Her a-hole exboyfriend broke her. I still want her. I can show her that all men aren't the same. That I'm different. But time isn't on my side, I've only got a few weeks to make her mine before she's gone forever.

Mallory

He's everything I need to stay away from, handsome, cocky, and irresistible. I try to resist him. I really do, but he's relentless. Against my better judgment, I give in and let him have me. All of me. I should have known better.

Can’t Let Go is a heart-warming love story about Beau, a country boy with a heart of gold, and Mallory, a woman scorned. The timing couldn’t be more wrong, but sometimes someone walks into your life and you just can’t let them go.
Amazon

Excerpt

Two days. It’s been two days without Mallory, and I’m going fucking crazy. I miss her so much it hurts. I didn’t know it was possible to fall for somebody so fast and so hard. It sucks; being alone sucks.
Days are hard. Nearly every place I go triggers a memory, but nights are even harder. Every time I close my eyes I see her face. Her heart breaking over and over again in my dreams. I don’t know if my memories are becoming clearer as time goes on or if my mind has started filling in the blanks. My nightmares get so bad I can’t sleep unless I black out.
Every breath hurts, every movement, even something as simple as getting out of bed in the morning is a struggle. The guilt of knowing how much I hurt her and the loneliness I feel inside eats me alive.
I spend my days wondering what she’s doing.
Is she okay?
Is she still crying?
Is she curled up on the couch watching Mama Mia and trying to forget me?
Is she out drinking herself to death like I am as I try to block out the pain?
 Or, the worst one of all, did she get over me and move on to someone new? I think that thought tears me up the most. I know we haven’t been apart long, but the phrase “to get over someone you have to get under someone else” haunts me.
Thinking about her in some other man’s arms, his lips kissing her soft skin, his hands roaming her body, makes me sick.  The only thing that helps numb the suckiness that has become my life is the whiskey.

I grab the bottle of Jack beside my bed and take a swallow, then chase it down with another and another until the pain doesn’t hurt quite as much. But no matter how much I drink, there’s always a dull ache that is Mallory.


Author Info
Chrissy Brown is a Contemporary Romance and New Adult Romance author. She lives in Central Florida with her husband, twin girls, two dogs, and the neighborhood cat.

She enjoys the simple things in life, like cuddling on the couch watching movies with her family, reading, Netflix, and beach trips. She reads two to three books a week, but favors stories with strong women, true love, and steamy scenes.

When Chrissy is not sitting at her computer, fantasizing about gorgeous country boys, she is teaching third graders how amazing books are...and writing, and math. She has also been an amature wedding photographer and a CNA (to which she gives kuddos but says never again.)


The Book Junkie Reads . . . Interview with C.A. Worley

How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
Believable. I’d also say it’s easy to follow with unique voices for Beau and Mallory.


What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I usually free write, but I need silence. When I’m editing I love music but as the original story flows the noise is distracting. While I have an idea where the plot is going, the story unfolds before me like a movie. If there’ TV or music I can miss something and then I have to fill the gaps.


Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
Is it weird to say my characters feel like real people? They unveil different parts about them as needed. I guess that would be classified as “build upon the character during story creation.”  I will say there are parallels with some people I know, so their development is pretty solid.


Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)?
Sophie, but you haven’t met her yet. She’s a big player in the second novel, Come A little Closer. Unlike Mallory, she carries herself with a confidence I wish I had. She’s also not afraid to say what’s on her mind and is adamite that she does not need a man to save her.


Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
YES! His name is Carter but he can’t come out and play until Kevin and Rob’s stories are done.


Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?

Doe the voices in my head count? I feel like I’m in the passenger seat watching their lives unfold before me, not me making up their stories. It’s a strange experience, feeling these characters so vividly but knowing they don’t exost outside of my head.

Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment