Monday, December 11, 2017

TOUR w/INTERVIEW - Witch for Hire by Shyla Colt


Witch for Hire
by Shyla Colt
Date of Publication:  November 27th 2017
Publisher: Vamptasy
Cover Artist: Dreams 2 Media
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Tagline: Against the approaching darkness, I am the light.
 
The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . WITCH FOR HIRE . . . What possible drama could there be from the mating of a powerful witch and an equally powerful master vampire? Oh well you will have to come see all the action and intensity that results in these two fated mates coming back together again years after their departure. Louella more than she wanted to be. She wanted to be free and away from it all. But after years away from the fold it was time for her to return and become all those things that she did not want to be in the first place. And she also came back in to the circle of the one being that offset her more than any other, Cristobal. Cristaobal Cortez was the most powerful vampire within the city dwelling and several other.

Was it timing or providence that lead Louella back home just in time to give help to her old lover being accused of atrocities against others? Or was it fated to happen? Cristobal and Louella were destined mates and Louella was fighting it tooth and nail. She had to step in to the lion’s den and prove that there was more going on than everyone was seeing. And just maybe she would get something more out of it than being claimed.

There was much drama that went along with this mating. Both sides of the mates’ clan/family were not exactly on the pro side of their relationship. Good characters, a suspense with who was behind the plot, the reconciliation of both Cristobal and Lou, and pacing that made the read fly by.

Welcome back to the game Shyla Colt. Thank you.

BLURB
Young, terrified, and bound to a vampire, Louella Eschete fled the bayou and swore off magic. Years later, she’s returned to the tiny town of Cypress, Louisiana to take her rightful place as head of her magical family, whether she likes it or not.

In order to keep the tentative peace formed between the various races of powerful beings who rule side by side, she must face her own demons. Mainly one, Cristobal Cortez.

Now a master vampire, and lord of the seven cities surrounding New Orleans, her former lover has moved up in the world. Their relationship gets way more complicated when his court is framed for a rash of murders they didn’t commit.

Forced to play her role as his bond mate, and launch an investigation into the darkness threatening to overturn truces, she may be in over her head.
  
Buy Link: Amazon
Excerpt:
I spot his form on the outskirts. Though, I’m loathe to admit it, my night vision is better than a human’s. Energy crackles on my fingertips. Bright green sparks break the inky blackness of night. My stomach sours. Being in the same space works as an amplifier for us. I’m manifesting new powers. He’s turned me into something foreign. Physical manifestation of magic is rare and left to the most powerful.
I curl my hands into fists. He foresaw this all those years ago in that graveyard. He recognized the potential of the two of us could create together. My chest aches. Some wounds cut too deep to ever fully heal. Angers pools in my belly. I wanted love. I got lies and manipulation instead. A pulsing ball of energy forms in front of me. I’m hypnotized by the technic-color glow. How could this come from me?
I shake under the strain of maintaining it. What was created in anger is burning off my reserves.
“Let. It. Go.”
The command given in a dulcet tone snaps my hold on the newly discovered power. The ball hurtles toward him. I resend the magic, knowing the back lash of the abrupt interruption of signal flow is going to be a bitch. Lifted off my feet by a form of magical feedback, I’m pitched back violently. My stomach drops, and then I’m caught in a strong pair of arms. The gravity of seeing him in person so close up presses down on me as I drown in his chocolate colored gaze. My tongue sticks to the rough of my mouth. All thought flees as my barriers buckle like the compromised hull of a ship. The high, well-sculpted cheek bones lead down to a strong, diamond shaped jaw rounded out by a dimpled chin. His button nose gives an eternal boyish quality to his rugged good lucks. He swallows and my gaze is drawn to his throat as my mind his worked over by years of memories.
We’re exchanging information like two computers updating. He cups my face. “Louella.” I twitch as I ride the wave of power being exchanged between us.

Buy Link: Amazon




Author Info
Shyla Colt is the sassy international bestseller of the popular series Kings of Chaos and Dueling Devils M.C. This genre-hoppers stories feature three of her favorite things: strong females, pop culture, and alternate routes to happy ever after. Listening to her Romani soul, she pens from the heart, allowing the dynamic characters, eccentric interests, and travels as a former flight attendant to take her down untraveled roads.

Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, this mid-west girl is proud of her roots. She used her hometown and the surrounding areas as a backdrop for a number of books. So, if you’re a Buckeye, keep an eye out for familiar places.

As a full-time writer, stay at home mother, and wife, there's never a dull moment in her household.

She weaves her tales in spare moments and the evenings with a cup of coffee or tea at her side and the characters in her head for company.

 
The Book Junkie Reads . . . Interview with Shyla Colt . . .

How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
A style that focuses on fully developed characters, descriptions, and emotional arc. In every story, you’ll find a strong woman going on a journey, pop culture references, and interesting situations.

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)? I’m not sure how to answer this one. I don’t have an exact ritual. I do like to have an idea of where I want to head in my mind, a few notes, and a good feel for who my characters are and what motivates them. I like to create writing playlists to match every books, and I frequently listen to them while I write.

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation? I’m insanely serious about my character prep. I consider myself to be a  character writer, so I have to know my character inside and out before I write, I spend time getting to know my characters. By the time I set down to write I know what makes them tick, their weaknesses, and any sort of major events that might still affect them as adults.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character? If so which one(s)? I think there’s a bit of me in every one of my female characters. Wither it be their quirky sense of style, love of Doctor who, or something more serious like a situation I lived through. For that reason, don’t believe there has ever been one particular character I related to more so than any others.

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
Yes! I’m writing series, and there are people I’ve been waiting to introduce for ages!

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
My family can be very intuitive, and there are occasions where I get very strong feelings about certain thing. I’ve learned to trust that “gut” reaction, and it’s saved me a lot of heartache in my years. It’s those unexplainable things that drive me to seek out, explore, and research the paranormal. I know there’s more out there than what meets the eye.

Author Links:

Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment