Monday, November 20, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/EXCERPT - Ashes of a Sinner (The Case Files of Logan St. Martin, #1) by S.L. Hebert


Ashes of a Sinner
The Case Files of Logan St. Martin, #1
by S.L. Hebert
Publication Date: November 16th 2017
Publisher: Independent
Genre: Adult, Murder Mystery, Suspense/Thriller
 
BLURB
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Homicide Detective Logan St. Martin buries herself in her work during the day, and finds herself trying to drink her haunted past away at night. But when a series of horrific murders rocks her small town deep in the bayous of Louisiana, she finds herself on a on a path of discovery into a sadistic killer’s mind.

Their beauty was in the ashes, and they all died alone.

Repentance was the killer’s way, and damnation became his weapon. Detective St. Martin and her partner, Detective Grasso, are in pursuit of a twisted soul who is leaving bodies in his wake. It’s a race against time when Logan realizes the killer has turned his sights on her.

Everything changes when you are the one being hunted.

  

Also Available On


EXCERPT
“Embrace the pain, Logan, become one with it. Once you accept what is and learn to let go, you will be able to find the beauty in all of it. I have waited for this moment for a long time, and finally you will be completely mine. Your body and your soul will belong to me. I will do with you as I see fit. I will take all my pleasures and frustrations out on you. In all my sacrifices, none of them has even come close to giving me the overwhelming joy and peace as you are right in this moment. Now, I will say again, my beauty, tell me your sins from the past.”
 In that moment, due to his relentless talking, I think he is done, when all the sudden, I feel the stinging sensation ripping across my arms and shoulders, cutting into the back of my neck. My body curls further into a fetal position, and I find myself trying again to gasp for air as the tears roll off my cheeks and fall onto the dirt.
Suddenly, my anxiety starts to build up, feeling as though I am unable to hold on, when out of nowhere I hear a thud from behind me. For a second, I’m only able to lift my head off the ground slightly, due to the throbbing pain running up my neck. I open my eyes to see Grasso and John rolling around on the floor. I try to lift myself onto my feet, but the pain searing down my back is too much for me to stand. Managing to claw and crawl my way to the chest by the stall, I use it as leverage, pulling myself up onto my knees. Instantly, my blood oozes down my backside.
I watch in horror as they wrestle. John manages to stab Michael several times, causing him to bleed though his clothes. I try to holler out, but my body is still too weak for anyone to hear me. In that moment, John lands a piercing cut with the knife in to Michael’s side, gaining the upper hand. He rolls on top of him, using his legs to pin down Michael’s arms. He raises the knife above his head for the final blow.
From out of nowhere, I manage to find my voice, letting out a blood-curdling plea. “No!”
He turns to look at me with a smug smile and says, “This is for—”
A single gunshot rings out, echoing through the air as John collapses. Instinctively, I cover my ears, trying to stop the ringing sound.
As I turn to see where the shot was fired from, I can’t believe my eyes.
 

Author Info
S.L. Hebert was raised in the heart of Cajun Country, in South Louisiana. She was brought up appreciating family, the outdoors, and a great cup of coffee. She is a dedicated wife and mother of two. Having been an All-American athlete in her youth, she often volunteers to coach her two children’s baseball, softball, and volleyball teams.

In the last year, she’s discovered a passion for writing. Drawing on her military and law enforcement background, she takes her readers on a thrilling journey of mystery, suspense, and even a little romance. She has the gift of leaving them always wanting more.

Author Links:

 website facebook twitter goodreads Amazon icon

PTPR New Logo - Email 2
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment