Monday, October 9, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Lycan Fallout: Fall of Man (Lycan Fallout, #1) by Mark Tufo

Lycan Fallout:  Fall of Man
Lycan Fallout, #1
by Mark Tufo
Date of Publication: December 2013
Publisher: DevilDog Press
Cover Artist: Dane@ebooklaunch
Genre: Dark Fantasy, Horror, Sci Fi

The Book Junkie Reads . . . Interview with Mark Tufo . . .

How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
Umm eclectic, stream of consciousness. Probably closes in on what I do. I very much enjoy the aspects of combining horror with comedic relief, to have you whittling away at your fingernails one moment and laughing out loud the next, at least that is what I am aiming for.

Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you?
Maybe a little of both, I have always enjoyed writing, it was at a very early age that I realized my classmates did not share this sentiment, when our teacher would assign a writing essay, they would groan and sure I would join them but inwardly I was doing a fist pump. As for how I write it is a very free-from organic event where one sentence leads to the next to the point that often times that even I as the Overseer of my universe does not know where the story is going.

Do you have a character that you have been working on for a long time that still isn't quite ready, but fills you with excitement to work on the story?
I have a character John The Tripper, who when he first came on the scenes in my book was your prototypical stoner who I had every intention of being a throwaway, meaning I was going to kill hi off rather quickly, but after 3 failed murder attempts I figured he had more to say and I am currently noodling around a entire book revolving around him.

Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANYWhere? What would you do with this time?
I think Switzerland, the Alps fascinate me, I’d spend a year skiing and writing (and probably drinking)


Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details?

I am currently working on Zombie Fallout 11, yup I said eleven immediately after that I am revisiting a Young Adult Dystopian series I have been waiting to get back and write since 2012.
 

BLURB
The world of man was brought to its knees with the zombie apocalypse. A hundred and fifty years have passed since man has clawed and climbed his way from the brink of extinction. Civilization has rebooted, man has begun to rebuild, to create communities and society. It is on this fragile new shaky ground that a threat worse than the scourge of the dead has sprung. One man finds himself once again thrust into the forefront of a war he wants nothing to do with and seemingly cannot win. Follow along as Michael Talbot attempts to thwart the rise of the werewolf.

Buy Link: Amazon

 
Author Info
Mark Tufo was born in Boston Massachusetts. He attended UMASS Amherst where he obtained a BA and later joined the US Marine Corp. He was stationed in Parris Island SC, Twenty Nine Palms CA and Kaneohe Bay Hawaii. After his tour he went into the Human Resources field with a worldwide financial institution and has gone back to college at CTU to complete his masters.

Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment