Tuesday, September 26, 2017

TOUR w/EXCERPT - Fix Me Not (The Fix Series, #2) by Carey Heywood

Fix Me Not
The Fix Series, #2
by Carey Heywood
Release Date: September 22nd 2017 
Genre: Romantic Comedy

The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . FIX ME NOT (The Fix Series, #2) . . . There was something different her about Paige and Asher that tickled me. Yes, they were opposites. Yes, they got on each other nerves. It was a bit of dislike at first sight. Asher and Paige both had some misconceptions of the other. These misconceptions were not cleared up quickly. They had to take the time to get to know each other. During that time they each find more than either expected from the other. This was something that made me turn the pages even faster to see how things got better for them.

This was my first read in this series but I do plan to go back and read the first one and add this to my reading rotation for future reads in this series. I found it sweet and funny. The chemistry between Asher and Paige was a bit quirky and funny in the beginning. Then it became more as they were pushed in to the same space. Paige because she was determined to do the job her mom could no longer do and Asher because he wanted her out of his space. They find something they both were missing, each other. They coming together was sweet. There was more to them both it just took the right person to see past the dressing and see the more.

I’m excited to see what would be coming next. Carey Heywood has a way about her books that ensnares you and keeps you coming back for more.

The Fix series:
Fix Her Up – The Fix, #1
Fix Me Not – The Fix, #2

Paige Sullivan's life is a train wreck. In a matter of months she lost her business, her swanky apartment, and her big city life. Now she's stuck in Nowhere, New Hampshire, sleeping on her mom's couch. If that wasn't bad enough, she's forced to do odd jobs for money. She has a plan though, and once she's saved enough, she's out of there. That is, as long as she doesn't murder her sexy new employer first.

Asher Thompson is the ruggedly handsome hermit of the Thompson clan. Tall, ridiculously sexy despite his beard, and annoyingly aloof, his main concern is his privacy. He fills his days with his work as a carpenter and the peaceful solitude of his lake house. A peaceful solitude that vanished the moment Paige Sullivan stormed into his life, hell-bent on driving him crazy.

The problem is, opposites attract and each time they cross paths she works her way further under his skin.



“Here,” Paige says, passing me a water and a plate of fries through my window. I’m back in the parking lot of the Moose tonight, parked right next to Millie’s Explorer. “Are you trying to drug me?” I had asked. She shrugs her slender shoulders. “Consider it a truce.” I’ve finished all of the fries and am still working on my drink when she returns an hour or so later. “Shouldn't you be playing with your wood?” I choke on my water. “This your idea of a truce?” I ask, once I’m done coughing. “Humor me,” she says, leaning against my door. “You hired my mom so you wouldn't have to leave your land. Now you're leaving it every day to stalk me. What gives?” My head jerks back. “I am not stalking you.” She presses her lips together before a bubble of laughter escapes. “What would you call it?” I frown partly at her question and more so at the way she's acting. “Why are you being nice to me?”

“Carey Heywood has me addicted, obsessed and fixated on The Fix Up Series.” - Four Chicks Flipping Pages
“...exquisitely written and is a definite MUST READ!! 5 stars!” - FunUnderTheCovers

“..Gah! I loved it! It is one of my top favorites of the year.” - Garden of REden
KINDLE COUNTDOWN $0.99 SALE ~ SEPTEMBER 22-29
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author. She was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia. Supporting her all the way are her husband, three sometimes-adorable children, a mischievous black cat, and their nine-pound attack Yorkie.

Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment