Thursday, June 29, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Mouth Watering (St Leasing, #1) by L.P. Maxa

Mouth Watering
St Leasing, #1
by L.P. Maxa
Genre: Romance
 
BLURB
Corey Cooper, the new guidance counselor at all boys prep school, St. Leasing, discovers nothing is what it seems, especially the mouthwatering coach, Dominic Hardy.

EVERYTHING SHE NEEDED...

Looking to change her life, Corey Cooper moves across the country to a remote town in Colorado to become the new guidance counselor at St. Leasing, a prestigious all boys prep school. But soon she learns her attraction to the gorgeous head coach, Dominic Hardy, is more than the usual chemistry, and that her students are more than the typical randy teenage boys.

WAS WRITTEN IN HIS SOUL

Dominic Hardy loves his life at St. Leasing. As head coach, he's fulfilled by his career, and in the small Colorado town outside the school's gates he has all the entertainment a man could desire. No complications, no attachments, life was good. Then Corey Cooper comes to St. Leasing and Dominic's instincts kick in - she is his, and that's for life. Throw in a troubled teen, a tyrannical parent, and a mysterious disappearance, and all of a sudden everything at St. Leasing has become a matter of life or death for his kind.



Author Info
L.P. Maxa lives in Austin, Texas with her husband, daughter, 3 rescue dogs, 1 cat - the fish died - and one bunny who doesn't seem to like them. She loves reading romance novels as much as she love writing them. She says, inspiration can come from anywhere: a song lyric, a quote, a weekend with friends. The tiniest things can spark amazing stories. She loves to hear from readers.



MY INTERVIEW WITH L.P. MAXA
How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
Contemporary. I feel like everything I write is a lighter version on the genre its in. My shifter series is about shifters, but it’s not necessarily the main focus of the book. It’s shifter light. My rock romance series is about a band. But their music isn’t the driving force behind their tale. Its rock light. I try to add humor wherever possible, I want people to have moments of laughter and then moments of heart. 

What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year?
I’d love to finish and release the whole St. Leasing series. I don’t like making my readers wait for stories. Because, as a reader, I get super impatient. I think I did a good job getting the Devil’s Share series out in a timely manner. So I’m hoping to keep going at that pace.

Do you have a character that you have been working on for a long time that still isn't quite ready, but fills you with excitement to work on the story?
I have a couple of different stories that I’ve started on my laptop. I have a M/F/M story that I get so excited to work on when I have the time. The three main characters have been friends their whole lives. They’ve become a family, and I love all three of them. So hard. I also have a good vs. evil book in my head that makes me giddy. I’ve asked my husband to help me with that one, it’ll be an interesting experience if we ever find the brain space to write it.

Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANYWhere? What would you do with this time?
I want to live in Ireland for a year. I want to wear muck boots and walk around listening to people talk in Irish accents. I want to drink beer all day. I feel like l would fall in love with the folklore and the fog. That’s what Ireland is in my head. Fog, stories passed down through generations, and beer. My husband lived in Ireland for a semester back in college. He tells me I’m crazy. I’d write while I was there, obviously. Write drunk, edit sober. Right?

Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details?
There are three more books in the St. Leasing series, two of which I still need to write. And the Riffraff Records series, which is my Devil’s Share spinoff, has several more novels as well. Once I finish those two series I’m really going to try and complete all the half-started stories on my laptop. There are quite a few of them.

Author Links:

Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment