Friday, June 23, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Gravestones and Wicked Bones (Shadow Creatures, #1) by D.D. Miers and B. Crow

Gravestones and Wicked Bones
Shadow Creatures, #1
by D.D. Miers and B. Crow
Date of Publication: June 13th 2017
Publisher: D.D. Miers and B. Crow
Cover Artist: Fantasy Book Design
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Half Fae. Half Demon. 100% Badass Bitch.
 

BLURB
My sisters and I weren’t born with magic. No, we were forced into it. Betrayed into it by the one person who was supposed to protect us. Now we’re living in a shithole desert town at the mercy of a sexy-as-hell Fae named Bastian.

So far, I’ve been able to buy Violet and Jade time to live freely, without being held to Bastian’s constant call. I’ve been doing his dirty work for five long years, but my sisters’ freedom is wearing thin. Soon he’ll summon them, just as he did me—and I can’t let that happen.

Bastian’s latest assignment offers an escape for my sisters, and I’d be a fool not to take it. But my target is more powerful than any man I’ve faced before, and doubly seductive. He draws out my inner demons—literally—and evading this attraction might prove more difficult than finishing what I started.

The first book in a New Series by Award-Winning Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Author D.D. Miers and B. Crow. Perfect for fans of Mercy Thompson, Jane Yellowrock and Alex Craft!

 
Authors Info
D.D. Miers is an ardent book lover, coffee enthusiast, and die-hard romance fan. When she's not writing, she can be found snuggling on the couch with a good book in hand, planning a Harry Potter themed party, or dancing very badly to music. She currently resides in beautiful Southern California with her wonderful husband, a crazy toddler, and the many different characters in her head.
Author Links:
Follow on Bookbub:   Follow on Amazon:
 
B Crow has held multiple positions, but now manages the best one--Mommy.

When she isn't wrangling in her three monsters, she is creating worlds of magical mayhem, romance, and paranormal activity.

After years of ghostwriting bestsellers, she's decided to pursue her true calling and step into the limelight, hoping to share a little of her magic with the world.
Author Links:
The Book Junkie Reads . . . Interview

How would you describe you style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I think my style is very honest/relatable. I try to write in way that doesn’t distract from the story. I hate when you have to look up words from a book to understand where the author was going. If you read my books and have a conversation with me afterward, you will notice a LOT of similarities in the way I speak. J

What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)?
I need my coffee, a clean desk, my outlines, some images and some GREAT music. I absolutely need my playlist. I’ve been teaching myself to become more adaptable and be able to write and edit anywhere.

Do you take your character prep to heart? Do you nurture the growth of each character all the way through to the page? Do you people watch to help with development? Or do you build upon your character during story creation?
I feel a very personal attachment to my characters so I definitely take the time to understand them as a whole. Who they are now, how they got there, where they want to go, etc.

Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character(s)? If so which one(s)?
Well, I adore Ivy (the heroine of Gravestones) because she is just so freaking hilarious. She’s rough but caring and the love she has for her sisters; the sacrifices she is willing to make for family is just incredible. Plus, she swears like a sailor J

Do you have a character that you have been working on that you can't wait to put to paper?
Oh my gosh, YES!!!! Her story is coming next year. 5 book series and it’s going to be heart-wrenching at times. I honestly can’t wait to start that series. There is still a lot of behind the scenes work that is being done for it, but it’s going to be incredible.

Have you ever felt that there was something inside of you that you couldn't control? If so what? If no what spurs you to reach for the unexperienced?
I think I have a major fire inside of me. Something that at times is my greatest strength and then also my greatest weakness. I think that’s why I write a lot of characters who battle internal issues/questions. They are often searching for answers, acceptance or peace.


Thank you so much for having me! I had a blast! 
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment