Wednesday, January 20, 2021

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - HISTORICAL PARANORMAL - OF LORDS AND COMMONERS (Of Lords and Commoners Trilogy, #1) by Lynne Hill-clark


Of Lords and Commoners 
Of Lords and Commoners Trilogy, #1
by Lynne Hill-Clark 
Date of Publication: February 22nd 2018
Publisher: Future Classics Publishing 
Cover Artist: We Got You Covered 
Genre: paranormal, alternate history, fantasy, 
fantasy adventure, dystopian, occult fiction 

ISBN: 978-0997635645
Number of pages: 388
Word Count: 100,000

Tagline: Entertainment that brings a fresh new perspective to cultural and social issues.


BLURB
Over 20,000 Downloads

Vallachia doesn’t know much…

But she does know that she loves her simple life.

This becomes even more apparent when that life is ripped from her.

Who will care for her widowed father and younger brother?

But she doesn’t have time to worry about that when she has to learn how to keep herself alive.

Not to mention she has to constantly thwart unwanted male attention.

She quickly finds herself on the wrong side of a brewing battle for vampire domination.

Not knowing whom to trust could have fatal consequences …

For everyone.

Live through the latter part of the Byzantine Empire and into the dark times of the Black Plague, where our heroine finds herself fighting to defend humankind.

The only future Vallachia could have imagined, as well as her wonderfully simple life, disappears when she finds herself in a struggle to figure out the rules of a strange new world - a world that involves superhuman strength, heightened senses and inescapable bloodlust. She must make new allies and learn the ways of supernatural politics during the decline of the Byzantine Empire.

As the pressure mounts, she faces the deadliest pandemic in history as the battle for vampire domination rages across Europe.

This is the first installment of the Lords and Commoners Trilogy written from the viewpoint of a common girl forced to contend with powerful vampires and lords in a struggle to control the world.

Both history fanatics and supernatural fans will love this story as it provides a fresh new look at the dark days of the Black Plague and a glimpse into the paranormal conflicts that are hidden in the shadows.

Fair warning: It will leave you wanting more. So don’t forget to check out the other books in the Lords and Commoners Trilogy…


Meet the Author Video: https://youtu.be/hs1Gf42d2xo 


Author Info
Lynne Hill-Clark was born in Colorado and raised in a small town of eight hundred people. She received her Master of Science from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and her Doctorate of Psychology from the University of the Rockies, Colorado Springs, where she majored in criminology and justice studies. She has enjoyed living overseas on several occasions; including her time as an American Peace Corps Volunteer in Jordan and a semester abroad in Xin Xeo, China. She is an advocate for Restorative Justice. 



The Book Junkie Reads . . . Interview with Lynne Hill-Clark . . .
Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you? Largely flows naturally. Of course all my schooling helped me to write better but storytelling is a very natural process for me. My stories play out like a movie in my head. I just write down the characters expressions and what they say.


What mindset or routine do you feel the need to set when preparing to write (in general whether you are working on a project or just free writing)? Just sit down and start typing every morning by 9am. Being at the computer does it. I often read the last page that I wrote to get my mind fully back in the story and then continue telling the tale. 


Have you found yourself bonding with any particular character(s)? If so which one(s)? Yes, I have a strong bond with most of my characters. Of course the main characters but sometime side characters surprise me. They sneak up on me and if I really like them then they can evolve into more important characters. I’m currently writing a short story about a very minor character from Of Gods and Goddesses. 


Can you share your next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details? I’m very excited about a Woman’s World series! It’s a companion series to the Lords and Commoners trilogy (my first books). A Woman’s World series is about a primitive culture on a distant planet were women have mystifying powers that keep men subservient. I got the idea for this world from my time in Jordan as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I took a very conservative Muslim society and reversed the gender roles. When the shoe is on the other foot, the ugliness of sexism becomes even more obvious. 


What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year? I’m really glad you asked this question because it got me thinking about the entire next year. Goal setting is really important for indie-authors as no one else is setting deadlines for us. I plan to publish a Woman’s World trilogy the beginning of August 2021. I hadn’t thought beyond finishing the 3rd book, A Collision of Worlds, and really focusing on properly launching these next 3 books. So yes, I need to think beyond A Woman’s World to getting my 7th and 8th books written. I don’t know what they will be yet but I need to set the minimum goal of launching 3 books and writing 3 books in 2021. 


If you could have dinner/dinner party with 7 fictional characters, who would they be? My 7 most favorite vampires. It would be such a fun mix. Can you imagine the conversation?
Of course, the original, the best, the one and only … Dracula!
Edward Cullen (goes without saying)
Selene (Underworld) 
Damon Salvatore 
Even though I’m team Stefan
Lestat (from the Anne Rice novels) 
David (Theo James, Underworld) 

If you could spend one-week with 5 fictional characters, who would they be and where would you spend that time? That sounds like too much time with the same people. I’d rather have a weeklong writing retreat by myself. 


Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANY Where, money is not a concern? What would you do with this time? That’s easy. On a beach in Norther New Zealand and I’d do nothing but write, read, exercise & play piano. 
A Woman’s World can be downloaded for free @ lynnehillclark.com for signing up to my newsletter. 
Or my fist book, Of Lords and Commoners, is free for signing up to my newsletter @ futureclassicspublishing.com 

Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment