Monday, May 22, 2017

Virtual Tour - Passion and Plunder (Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #5) by Collette Cameron

Passion and Plunder
Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #5
by Collette Cameron
Releasing May 24th 2017
Soul Mate Publishing
Would you sacrifice everything for the person you love, knowing you can never be together?
The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . PASSION AND PLUNDER (Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #5) . . . If you have been following any of my review of historical romance with a highlander in it, then you know right from the start, I am going to tell you that I love a highlander. They are sexy, fierce, loyal, protective, loving, charming, alpha, dominant and that brogue get you every time. I have not read not one single other book in this series and I was able to follow through with no issues. Just a lot of desire to get to the next chapter. I love reading about highlanders and their skills in battle and love. This was no exception. This time around this highlander has to save the maiden and her clan. There was mush underneath it all. This was a delightful read that had mystery, suspense, intrigue, romance, and of course my warrior highlanders. I enjoyed Lydia and Alasdair.  Collette has snared me with her vivid illustration of the highlands, the warriors, the commoners, the lifestyle. I am anticipating getting my hands on the other books of this series. I will most certainly be reading this on again after the first four. I love to see a series grow.

Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot series:
Triumph and Treasure - Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #1
Virtue and Valor - Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #2
Heartbreak and Honor - Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #3
Scandal's Splendor - Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #4
Passion and Plunder - Highland Heather: Romancing a Scot, #5
Blurb
A desperate Scottish lady
Lydia Ferguson—the sole surviving heir to the Laird of Tornbury Fortress—has lost nearly everyone she loves. Now her father lies on his deathbed. And as if this isn't dire enough, he's invited men from the surrounding area to a warrior’s contest—the winner to claim Lydia as his bride.

 A Scotsman dueling with his past
Alasdair McTavish, son of Craiglocky Keep's war chief, is a seasoned warrior in his own right. So when he's sent to Tornbury to train the Ferguson soldiers, he's more than equal to the task.

A danger unseen
When a dangerous adversary makes a move against Lydia, a dastardly scheme comes to light, and Alasdair realizes only he can protect Lydia.
Buy Links:  AMAZON 

A few feet inside the room, Lydia spun around and planted her hands on her hips. “Pray tell me, what you’re doing? Why are you so upset and acting like a savage? I but spoke the truth. I’m not your responsibility.”
Alasdair leaned against the door, his eyes hooded, and an almost predatory demeanor about his large form. His lips twitched with her last fiery declaration, but he kept stoically silent.
His untamed hair hanging nearly to his shoulders, golden stubble shadowing his face’s chiseled planes, and an unfathomable, wild glint in his steely azure eyes, accented his Viking ancestry. All he needed was a battle-axe and round shield to complete the image of a fierce, marauding Norseman.
And she wouldn’t mind all that much if he’d laid siege to Tornbury.
She feared he’d already done so with her heart.
Oh, the plundering hadn’t been the overwhelming bedeviling of senses as Flynn’s had.
No, Alasdair’s onslaught had been a subtle, insidious seduction, snaring her before she even realized she’d been led into a trap.
He smiled then, that charming, tempting bending of his strong mouth which, despite her pique, towed at her reluctant heartstrings and sent a frisson of excitement coursing through her pores.
His absurdly broad shoulders and marbled muscles appealed to her femininity. Why must he be so deliciously masculine?
Still, he owed her an explanation for lugging her into the drawing room like an errant child.
“Well?” Widening her eyes, she leaned forward a mite, demanding an explanation, irritated at his highhandedness and her wanton response. “What, you’ve nothing to say now? After you dragged me in here, like a crazed, uncivilized barbarian?”
Buy Links:  AMAZON 

Author Info
An escapee from the Pacific Northwest’s rainy, gray coast, Collette Cameron believed teaching her destiny until she dared to tap out her first novel.

She’s been enthralled with writing ever since.

Blessed with three spectacular children, fantastic fans, and a compulsive, over-active, and witty Muse who won’t stop whispering new romantic romps in her ear, she still lives in Oregon with her mini-dachshunds, though she dreams of living in Scotland part-time.

A bestselling, award-winning author, Collette pens Scottish and Regency historicals featuring rogues, rapscallions, rakes, and the intelligent, intrepid damsels who reform them. You’ll always find dogs, birds, occasionally naughty humor, and a dash of inspiration in her sweet-to-spicy timeless romances.

A member of Novelist Inc., Romance Writers of America, as well as several RWA chapters including The Beau Monde, Hearts Through History, Celtic Hearts, Rose City Romance Writers, and the Greater Seattle Romance Writers, Collette admits to a quirky sense of humor, enjoys trivia and inspiring quotes, adores castles and anything cobalt blue, and is a self-confessed Cadbury chocoholic.

Her motto for life? You can’t have too much chocolate, too many hugs, too many flowers, or too many books. She’s thinking about adding shoes to that list.

To learn about Collette’s career as an author, visit here, and if you are interested in Tidbits and Trivia about Collette, take a peek here.

MY INTERVIEW WITH COLLETTE CAMERON
How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I’ve been told I’m a description writer. I like my readers to feel like they are right beside my hero and heroine; seeing, feeling, smelling, event tasting, what the lead characters are.

I also have a quirky sense of humor which often creeps onto the page.

What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year?
I’ll finish two series, and dive right into another two I have the first books written for already.

I’d hoped to hit 25 published books this year, but it looks like I’ll fall just shy of that.

I also hope to write a couple of fun Regency advice booklets based on fabricated books I mention in some of my novels.

Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you?
Writing flows naturally for me, but I’ve also learned over the years that I’m more productive under certain circumstances and settings.

Do you have a character that you have been working on for a long time that still isn't quite ready, but fills you with excitement to work on the story?
I do. I introduced a character in my very first book and 20 stories later, his tale still hasn’t been told. It will be, someday.

When I know exactly what he wants to say. I’m not sure he even knows yet.


Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANYWhere? What would you do with this time?

Oh, I’d go on a world-wide castle tour!! I’d linger longest in Scotland. Just imagine the glorious research I could complete there.

Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details?
I have three collaborative project in the works, each of which is truly fantastic.  I’m not sure which one excited me more!

One involves a league of rakish earls, another a twist on legends, and the discussions of the final project have only just begun. It’s a doozy!! 


Thanks so much for having me as a guest today. 

Author Links:
(a $25 Amazon Gift card and a Print Copy of Heartbreak and Honor (book 3), an additional winner to get an audiobook copy of Triumph and Treasure and an Audio of Virtue and Valor (book 1 & 2 of the series))
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment