Friday, May 26, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Sevyn by Renee Dyer

Sevyn
by Renee Dyer
Publisher: Forever Red Publishing
Cover Artist: Lee Ching from Under Cover Designs
Genre: Thriller/ Romantic Suspense/Dark Romance
Tagline: When life hands you impossible choices, can you become the man you want to be?
BLURB
Born into rival drug cartels, Kevyn Zozlov and his best friend Esperanza Torres defy the odds, finding laughter in a world full of pain. Ripped away from her at a young age, Kevyn has to learn the difference between family, loyalty, and obedience. Fear keeps him focused each day. Memories fill his dreams at night.

Torn between the death he sees daily and what he believes is right, he struggles to decide the kind of man he wants to be—until a promise he makes to his mother, the person he loves more than anyone, changes everything.

“Get out of here and find Esperanza. Promise me.”

Now, Kevyn has to figure out how to make his way to the only friend he ever had—the one person who understands his damaged world. Will she welcome him back with open arms, or turn him away, leaving him more lost than he already is?

With time against him, can he find Esperanza and his happiness, or will he be another casualty of the drug war, buried in an unmarked grave with no one to mourn his loss?


My fourteenth birthday started with screaming, “I want to see my son.  He would never ask for this.  Kevyn!  Kevyn!”
My father was screaming for me?
The hopeful boy in me that had always prayed he would love me ran out of my room and down the stairs.  He was in the cage.  I stared at him in confusion.  Looking back at me was nothing but hatred.  Still.  He didn’t need my help.  Didn’t want it.  He wanted me to see how much I disgusted him.
“You fucking bastard!”  He screamed.  Spit flew from his mouth.  As usual, he was high.  “How dare you wish this for your birthday?”
Author Info
From a young Renee Dyer had a love of writing, starting with a doodle pad at age four that morphed into journals.  Poetry became short stories and short stories a novel.  Although she’s surrounded by males all day having three sons, a husband, and a hyperactive chocolate lab, she still finds time to be herself by escaping into the fantasy of reading and writing romance.  That is, until she needs a male’s perspective and garners eye rolling from her husband at all of her questions.  Renee is a true New Englander.  You can find her screaming profanity at the TV while the Pats play and cuddling under blankets during the cold seasons (which is most of them), reading a good book.  She doesn’t believe snow is a reason to shut things down, only to slow down and admire the beauty.  Ask her anything.  She’s an open book—pun fully intended.
MY INTERVIEW WITH RENEE DYER
What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year? Ooh, where to start. 
I have big plans for the Healing Hearts Series.  Books one and two, which are already published, are going through some rewrites.  They were my first books I wrote so I want to do a little cleaning up.  Exposed, book four is written, but won’t be published until the rewrites are completed.  Hidden, book five has been started.  By the end of the year, I plan to have all the rewrites done , Exposed and Hidden published, as well as putting the first three books out with new covers and names.  I’d love to finish up the books I’m writing with my sons too.

Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you? I’d have to say it’s natural.  I’ve been writing since I was a kid.

Do you have a character that you have been working on for a long time that still isn't quite ready, but fills you with excitement to work on the story? Oh yes.  Alex was the first character I thought of for a book.  He’s a main part of the Healing Hearts Series.  In fact, his story will end the series.  I can’t wait to get to him, but at the same time, I don’t want to.  He’s going to break my heart.

If you could spend one-week with 5 fictional character, who would they be? This is so hard.   There are hundreds of characters I’d love to hang out with.  Harrison from the Beaumont series by Heidi McLaughlin, Chase from Taking Chances by Molly McAdams, Gavin from Pulse and Collide by Gail McHugh, the whole gang from the Wanted series (I can’t pick between them) by Kelly Elliott, and Cain from the Syndicate series by Kathy Coopmans.

Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANYWhere? What would you do with this time?  It may sound lame, but my in-law’s cabin, way up north in Stark, NH.  It’s in the mountains, there’s no one around, and it’s super quiet.  I write better there than anywhere else.  I can’t even imagine how many books I could complete if I had a year there.  It would be awesome!

Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details? Which one?  There are so many.  Hmm, ok.  Exposed is Victoria and Adrian’s story.  This is a standalone within the Healing Hearts Series.  Both characters were introduced in the other books, but like Grant’s book, book three, you’ll be able to read this book without the others.  Some of the jokes made in the book are funnier because of the other books, but if you haven’t read them, you won’t miss out on anything.

If you’ve ever wanted to see what happens when an actress walks away and goes after the life she really wants to live, and you love a hot, tattooed car restoration guy—then this story is for you.  Victoria’s a broken mess and Adrian is a smart ass.  Together, they get engines revving.

Hidden, book five, is Eddie and Kate’s story.  They too have been introduced in the other books and this is also going to be a standalone within the series.  What happens when two control freaks get together?  Can they compromise, or will they push each other away?

The books I’m writing with my eight-year-old are meant for ages 4-7.  They’re based off the shenanigans of an adventurous shark named Sammy.

The books I’m writing with my eleven-year-old are meant for ages 8-12.  Sometimes teasing gets to be too much.  Watch what happens when one boy escapes into his imagination and rescues all the geeks, dweebs, and nerds.  All hail, King Stinky!
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment